A mea culpa undefined reference in v2021.10-rc2, padding_algos, linker lists

Alex G. mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 21:10:57 CEST 2021

Hi Simon,

I'm seeing an undefined reference to padding_pkcs_15_verify with
v2021.10-rc2. It happens when enabling FIT_SIGNATURE. I've tracked it
down to the following two commits:

commit 92c960bc1d ("lib: rsa: Remove #ifdefs from rsa.h")
commit 61416fe9df ("Kconfig: FIT_SIGNATURE should not select RSA_VERIFY")

Individually, each commit is fine, but when put together, they cause the
issue, as the static inline padding_pkcs_15_verify() implementation is
removed from rsa.h.

My hypothesis is that moving padding_algos to a linker list will solve
this specific problem. I realize you might be working on the same part
of the code. Should I address this issue, or should I wait for your series?

Alex