Bootcmd/key1/key2

Tim TimH at JTi.uk.com
Mon Aug 23 14:50:38 CEST 2021

Hi,

I have my custom board successfully booting using my bootcmd environment
variable.

I would like to have alternate boots from user keys (derived from an I2C
device if that's relevant) but if I set a key1 environment variable it is
not executed in place of the saved bootcmd. The user guide says it should be
(section 5.4.2 "User keys") but I have had zero success; I have searched
every single file in the repo for "key1" and nothing helps (only reference
is an env_set key1="on" - or "off" - for one board).

What black magic is needed to get the alternate boot(s) to work , please?

Tim.