incompatible device trees between u-boot and linux

Michael Walle michael at walle.cc
Sun Aug 29 01:12:30 CEST 2021

Am 2021-08-26 18:32, schrieb Vladimir Oltean:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 09:35:12AM +0200, Michael Walle wrote:
>> Theres still one catch at the moment, AFAIK in linux you can put the
>> PHYs either in the mdio controller node or in a "mdio" subnode within
>> the ethernet controller node. I'm not sure wether the latter works in
>> u-boot, but [1] looks promising. At least, linux dtbs are using the
>> mdio subnodes and u-boot put the phys into the mdio controller node.
>
> Please change Linux for that, move the PHYs from the per-port MDIO node
> to the PF 3 central MDIO controller node. Due to hardware reasons, the
> per-port MDIO controller registers are in fact de-featured and should
> be
> hidden from new LS1028A reference manuals.

Care to share some more details? There should be some more information
besides "for hardware reasons" which should go into the commit message.
Is there an erratum?

In fact, I guess in Rev0 of the RM it has already been removed, at least
from the port memory map (in the RevB RM it was still present).

-michael