Xilinx ZynqMP - ZCU102: SPL not able to use MMC/SD card

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Wed Dec 1 08:36:12 CET 2021

On 12/1/21 00:10, Daniel Cizinsky wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 08:28:51AM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
>> I did try latest yesterday and didn't see any issue.
> Hi!
>
> Thank you very much to both of you for letting me know!
>
>> How do you build u-boot?
> I use Buildroot with some simple scripts (just to make sure we begin with a
> clean table and known .configs).
>
>> And what board version do you have?
> It says on PCB:
> HW-Z1-ZCU102
> Revision 1.1
>
> Older U-Boot, which gets past MMC says: ATF running on XCZU9EG/silicon
> v4/RTL5.1
>
> I guess it's pretty common one, the only difference to original set is DDR
> as we like to have all the boards exactly the same (and some set came with
> one kind of RAM and other with another, so we decided to have the third kind,
> but the same for all boards in our company).
>
> I'll try to attach the config file of U-Boot I build. If attaching files is
> not possible, it's available at: http://gebbeth.cz/pub/xilinx/u-boot.config
>
> Thanks for any comment!

buildroot config is quite different compare to one which is in the tree.
I don't think anybody really keeps that configs there up2date. And there
is really no reason not to build it in direct way.

Just follow documentation present doc/board/xilinx/zynqmp.rst
and in your case run
export DEVICE_TREE=zynqmp-zcu102-rev1.1

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854