i.MX8MQ EVK not booting with latest mainline U-Boot

ZHIZHIKIN Andrey andrey.zhizhikin at leica-geosystems.com
Mon Feb 22 09:52:44 CET 2021

Hello Fabio,

Unfortunately, I do not poses the i.MX8MQ EVK HW so I never tested the boot process. There is not much I can contribute here.

> We are following the instructions from doc/board/freescale/imx8mq_evk.rst

Perhaps the only thing I can suggest here is to check the documentation (ATF, OP-TEE and DDR firmware version and placement) and align it with `imx-boot` Makefile to see if they match.

Can somebody maybe share more info on which errors are observed during the boot? Any boot log would be helpful here as well.

> I haven't debugged this yet and I am wondering if you have any suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fabio Estevam

-- Andrey