Broken build on OpenBSD

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Feb 23 22:24:24 CET 2021

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 04:19:35PM -0500, Simon Glass wrote:
> +Tom Rini
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 14:07, Mark Kettenis <mark.kettenis at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Simon,
> >
> > Commit c5819701a3de61e2ba2ef7ad0b616565b32305e5 broke the build on
> > OpenBSD and probably other non-Linux systems.  ENODATA, which is now
> > used in fit_check_format(), isn't defined.  It isn't part of POSIX[1]
> > and generally not available on BSD-derived systems.  Could you pick
> > another error code for this case?
>
> OK. I think this was reported already, but will take a look.

Yeah, I think the suggestion was to use EBADMSG instead?  I was hoping
for a patch.

> Are we able to get this into the CI system so there is a test for it?

I think it wasn't easy, or at least wasn't free, to enable a BSD host
system in Azure.  But if someone wants to donate a BSD host that we can
plug in to GitLab for running a subset of builds on (I was thinking
sandbox+pytest and host-tools perhaps) it would be greatly appreciated.

--
Tom