converting IMX6 board to DM_ETH and DM_USB - usb_ether gadget support

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Thu Feb 25 02:21:36 CET 2021

Greetings,

I'm trying to convert the gwventana board support to DM_ETH and DM_USB
and one item I have not resolved yet is USB Ethernet gadget support.

For non-dm a call to 'usb_eth_initialize' creates a usb_ether gadget
that can be used for ethernet communication between the IMX6 OTG
controller in device mode to a USB host. How is that accomplished via
dm?

I find that drivers/usb/gadget/ether.c has dm support but it would
appear that a controller of UCLASS_USB_GADGET_GENERIC must bind for it
to work yet I don't see how this works with CI_UDC.

Other IMX6 boards that have gone through dm conversion have simply
dropped the call to usb_eth_initialize and I don't see what else they
enable that provides this functionality.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Tim