Boot failure triggered by USB on rockpro64-rk3399 and pinebook-pro-rk3399

Alper Nebi Yasak alpernebiyasak at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:12:35 CET 2021

On 21/01/2021 03:08, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> It seems rockpro64-rk3399 and pinebook-pro-rk3399 fail to boot when usb
> is started. It hangs indefinitely at:
>
>   ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 01f00000
>      Booting using the fdt blob at 0x1f00000
>
> I have observed this also using 2020.10 on rockpro64-rk3399, though on
> pinebook-pro-rk3399 usb does not work and so it basically avoids
> triggering the issue.
>
> Setting CONFIG_USE_PREBOOT=n in the config works around the problem,
> though obviously by breaking usb keyboard support or booting from USB
> devices.

This might be the same as [1] where running "usb stop" would hang, but
disabling CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD and CONFIG_USB_OHCI_GENERIC gets the board
to boot (still breaks the keyboard). Might help narrow things down.

[1] https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2020-November/432931.html

On 21/01/2021 06:37, Kever Yang wrote:
>      Do you know which version is the last version that works in this case?

The email I linked above has some versions they've tested, in case this
is the same issue.