Building U-Boot for Compulab's imx8mm-cl-iot-gate board

Paul Liu paul.liu at linaro.org
Thu Jul 1 23:37:58 CEST 2021

Hi Fabio,

We have dfu_alt_info set. So that we can capsule update from UEFI.
First, "setenv -e -nv -bs -rt -v OsIndications =0x04"
And then we can "efidebug capsule update -v ${loadaddr}".

To make the capsule binary, we need to create a capsule1.itb with the
following content:
/dts-v1/;

/ {
       description = "Automatic U-Boot environment update";
       #address-cells = <2>;

       images {
               flash-bin {
                       description = "U-Boot binary on SPI Flash";
                       data = /incbin/("flash.bin");
                       compression = "none";
                       type = "firmware";
                       arch = "arm64";
                       load = <0>;
                       hash-1 {
                               algo = "sha1";
                       };
               };
               u-boot-itb {
                       description = "U-Boot binary";
                       data = /incbin/("u-boot.itb");
                       compression = "none";
                       type = "firmware";
                        arch = "arm64";
                       load = <0>;
                       hash-1 {
                               algo = "sha1";
                       };
               };
       };
};

And then "./tools/mkimage -f capsule1.its capsule1.itb"
"./tools/mkeficapsule --fit capsule1.itb --index 1 capsule1.bin"

And we can tftp the capsule1.bin to ${loadaddr} and then use the capsule
update.

Yours,
Paul