iMX8MM USB support?

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 23:32:05 CEST 2021

Hi Tim,

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 6:13 PM Tim Harvey <tharvey at gateworks.com> wrote:

> Fabio,
>
> After applying the other patches in your diff I'm able to get SDP
> booting on my board as well.
>
> Please CC me when you submit your SDP series. It will overlap with my
> 'usb: ehci-mx6: move mode set/detect to probe'.

Ok, great. I will submit your two patches, Frieder's and mine in a
single series.

> Also, when you prepare your patches note you don't need the following
> in your include/config/imx8mm_evk.h
> #define CONFIG_MXC_USB_PORTSC   (PORT_PTS_UTMI | PORT_PTS_PTW)
> ^^^  this is defaulted in drivers/usb/host/ehci-mx6.c
> #define CONFIG_MXC_USB_FLAGS 0
> ^^^ doesn't appear to be used by ehci-mx6.c

Thanks, I have removed it.

> Unfortunately enabling SPL SDP for my board brings me over the SPL
> size. I really want to come up with a way to load dram config
> dynamically.

Yes, I am interested in doing this too.

I saw the same issue on an imx8mm-cl-iot-gate.

They support several DDR config options and after enabling SPL SDP
there was an OCRAM overflow.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam