[TF-A] Proposal: TF-A to adopt hand-off blocks (HOBs) for information passing between boot stages

Julius Werner jwerner at chromium.org
Thu Jul 8 23:56:19 CEST 2021

> Thank you all for your feedback.
>
> It appears that in theory we are all happy with using bloblist with few
> implementation details which needs to be taken care of during
> implementation.

Just to clarify: are you using "bloblist" as a general term for the concept
of a simple linked list of tagged data blobs, or to refer specifically to
the U-Boot implementation with that name? The existing TF-A implementation
(bl_aux_params) is basically identical in concept to the U-Boot bloblist,
but not binary compatible. Are we talking about just keeping that, or
throwing it away in order to reimplement the exact structure U-Boot is
using? (I would prefer to keep the bl_aux_params as they are to avoid
disrupting existing uses, of course. Making backwards-incompatible changes
to an interface that passes across multiple repos and firmware components
is always a big pain.)