Adding UBI support to U-Boot 2014.04 without nand driver

Bartlomiej Grzeskowiak bartlomiej.grzeskowiak at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 12:59:09 CEST 2021

Hi,

I am developing an OpenWRT based system. I got an SDK from a chip provider
that includes U-Boot 2014.0. I want to extend its functionality with UBI.
I've added CONFIG_CMD_UBI, without any problems. I get ubi commands in
uboot now.

But:
setenv mtdids nand0=my_nand
setenv mtdparts mtdparts=my_nand:1m(bootloader),-(ubi)
mtdparts
Device nand0 not found!
nand
Unknown command 'nand' - try 'help'

Seems that I do not have nand driver. I do access nand with flash commands.
Add NAND:
#define CONFIG_CMD_NAND
#define CONFIG_SYS_MAX_NAND_DEVICE     1

produces:
undefined CONFIG_SYS_NAND_BASE

Adding SPI base as Nand base:
#define CONFIG_SYS_NAND_BASE 0x1df10000

produces:
drivers/mtd/nand/nand.c:180: undefined reference to `board_nand_init'

1. Does it mean that uboot nand driver is not included in this SDK ?
2. Is it possible to enable UBI with spi flash driver (if nand driver is
missing) ?

Thank you and best regards