SAMA5D27 - UTMI issue?

Tim TimH at JTi.uk.com
Fri Jul 23 14:45:31 CEST 2021

Hi,

I have a custom board using the SAMA5D27 and basically have u-boot running
now. The only issue I have is that because it uses a 24MHz crystal (like the
SOM EV board) the UTMICKTRIM register needs to be set correctly (not just
for USB - the CAN system runs best from the 480MHz UPLL clock).

I can see code (a driver?) that does this but I don't believe it is being
called (an inspection of the relevant register from the final user app that
u-boot calls shows it has not been set, or not set correctly).

I can see a patch 4 years ago that discusses this but I cannot for the life
of me work out where or how from the myriad of Kconfig options, or anything
else, that this would get called/set/used. Undoubtedly due to my
inexperience with u-boot!

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I don't think it's a
bug/issue as such, I just need what is the magic CONFIG or board specific
function/call, or whatever I need get the code called!

Thanks,

Tim.