DENX : layers to be reused

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Jun 9 12:20:43 CEST 2021

Hi DENXlers,

I do not know if this is known, so it is better to tell this
explicitely. On source.denx.de (originally for U-Boot / Xenomai), we
have also a set of projects that we publish and we can reuse in several
customers' projects. They belong to the namespace "denx".

Marek has introduced two OE layers:

	meta-mainline: port of linux-stable
	meta-mainline-graphics: package / tools for GPU Graphics

And Marek will surely add some words more.

@Marek: how does meta-mainline conflict with
https://gitlab.com/pbarker.dev/meta-linux-mainline, that is officially
listed on https://layers.openembedded.org/ with more or less the same
goal (but having some intrusion for Raspi) ?

I have added today also meta-secure-imx : goal is to have a generic
layer for all i.MX projects that should implement Secure Boot +
encrypted rootfs. Up now, we had several projects where we implemented
in different way and often with conflicts a secure boot. Scope is to
reuse as much as possible without having any customer specific data in it.

Please consider the usage of these layers before copying recipes into
customers' layers. Of course, and specially meta-secure-imx, they are
pretty new and WIP. meta-secure-imx was tested at the moment on i.MX8M,
but a signed u-boot was not yet tested on hardware.

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de