DTB_RESELECT/MULTI DTB with SPL flow

Michal Simek michal.simek at xilinx.com
Fri Jun 11 15:56:23 CEST 2021

Hi,

I am just trying to wrap my head around DTB_RESELECT feature.
ZynqMP is using u-boot.itb which is u-boot/atf + a lot of DT files.
As of now SPL should pick the right one load it predefined location
which U-Boot proper pickup.
Others DTBs are not loaded at all.
This is working fine and I expect it should work like this even with
DTB_RESELECT enabled because you need to have base DTB for being able to
do platform detection.
I have hookup platform detection in embedded_dtb_select and I know which
board revision I am running at and struggling how to tell u-boot what to do.

What should be the right flow for changing DTB at run time?
Where they should be stored? I would expect that I need to have FIT
image in memory for all board revisions and u-boot should be calling
board_fit_config_name_match() which will decide which DT is correct
based on board detection done in embedded_dtb_select().

Thanks,
Michal