Setting serverip from DHCP server

Gregory Anders greg at gpanders.com
Wed Jun 30 19:22:41 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I am running U-Boot on an embedded device that is connected via Ethernet
to my workstation. The workstation is running dhcpd and U-Boot is able
to successfully obtain an IP address via DHCP from the server. However,
the `serverip` environment variable is not being set which prevents
U-Boot from continuing to boot over the network. I have to manually
enter `setenv serverip 10.0.10.1` each time.

How do I get the DHCP server to set the serverip variable? My dhcpd.conf
file is quite simple:

     subnet 10.0.10.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
         option routers 10.0.10.1;
         range 10.0.10.2;
     }

I would have thought the 'option routers' line would do the trick, but
apparently not. I've done a bit of searching online but haven't yet
found anything helpful.

Thanks,

Greg