request for i.MX8MM Venice test

Marek Behun marek.behun at nic.cz
Sun Mar 7 03:10:01 CET 2021

[sorry for the spam, I accidentally sent this e-mail from my personal
address]

Hello Tim,

you are listed as maintainer of i.MX8MM Venice board in U-Boot.

I am currently working on LTO support for U-Boot, and I have
encountered a problem with i.MX8MM Venice board:
when LTO is enabled, the linking process for SPL does not throw away
relocation information, making the resulting SPL image too big for that
board.

I have added a patch that discards symbols from .rela* section to my
patch series, but I would like you to test whether the patch series
works for your board and does not break anything.

Could you please clone https://github.com/elkablo/u-boot branch lto,
build for imx8mm_venice_defconfig and test whether it boots on your
board and maybe test some U-Boot commands (disk reads, kernel
booting, ...)? If it does not work, could you also please check with
current U-Boot master, to see if it got broken with my patches or with
something different?

Thank you.

Marek