Locking down U-Boot env with ENV_WRITEABLE_LIST

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Fri Mar 26 19:15:21 CET 2021

Greetings,

I'm trying to understand best how to lock down a U-Boot environment
using ENV_WRITEABLE_LIST=y.

My understanding is that I should define all vars that I wish to be
able to be loaded from a FLASH env in CONFIG_ENV_FLAGS_LIST_DEFAULT. I
would think this would be something in Kconfig but it's not so I
wonder if I'm misunderstanding something or if I truly need to patch a
config.h when using this feature.

What is the best way to actively see your static U-Boot env that gets
linked into U-Boot? I can see it with a hexdump but there must be a
better way by looking at an include file?

What is the best way to set the list of vars that you wish to be
allowed to be imported from a FLASH env?

Best regards,

Tim