rk3399-gru-kevin: issues on bringup

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 09:09:39 CET 2021

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 11:25 PM Alper Nebi Yasak
<alpernebiyasak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've had some recent success with my gru-kevin and wanted to update you
> on this. Long story short, I can boot from SPI flash and have the
> display, keyboard, eMMC, microSD card, USB disks all work (however with
> some hacks); but can't boot into Linux. Things seem to hang shortly
> after "Starting kernel..." but I don't know if something fails in U-Boot
> or if I get a kernel panic. (I still have no serial console).

I suspect you need the following patch [1], we had the same hang in
Fedora and even with a serial console and a whole bunch of kernel
debug it was difficult to get to the bottom of. Sadly the fix, whether
this patch or another one is still not upstream.

[1] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20210406151059.1187379-1-icenowy@aosc.io/