rk3399-gru-kevin: issues on bringup

Alper Nebi Yasak alpernebiyasak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 12:58:42 CET 2021

On 02/11/2021 11:09, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 11:25 PM Alper Nebi Yasak
> <alpernebiyasak at gmail.com> wrote:
>> some hacks); but can't boot into Linux. Things seem to hang shortly
>> after "Starting kernel..." but I don't know if something fails in U-Boot
>> or if I get a kernel panic. (I still have no serial console).
>
> I suspect you need the following patch [1], we had the same hang in
> Fedora and even with a serial console and a whole bunch of kernel
> debug it was difficult to get to the bottom of. Sadly the fix, whether
> this patch or another one is still not upstream.
>
> [1] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20210406151059.1187379-1-icenowy@aosc.io/

I already had this patch in the gru-kevin branch because it solves a
hang in the coreboot -> depthcharge -> U-Boot -> Linux-on-USB chain,
thanks for the pointer though :)

This problem I'm seeing now appears to be something else, but I have no
idea as to what it could be. Since that chain works I assume I should
look more into what coreboot/depthcharge does...