how to run u-boot on qemu arm64 virt machine?

François Ozog francois.ozog at linaro.org
Wed Oct 13 11:29:15 CEST 2021

Hi

You can find work in progress here too:
http://releases.linaro.org/components/ledge/rp-0.2/ledge-multi-armv8/

For aarch64 there are virt and sbsa-ref machines. Virt is essentially to
boot a VM while sbsa-ref is a reference platform that mimics all required
hardware, firmware for the secure world (TF-A, OP-TEE) and firmware for
normal world (U-Boot, EDK2). This technology (sbsa-ref) is really to
simulate a system for pre-silicon development while virt shall be used in
cloud native environments.

We are working on something that we may end up calling bsa-ref (note the
absence of initial S standing for “server”). Sbsa-ref is about edk2 and
acpi, bsa-ref is about U-Boot and device tree. The directory points to this
work in progress. You can have a look at SystemReady in Arm to understand
and get details on bsa.

In a future release of Qemu, one will be able to simulate a full platform
with its main processor (as of today) but also SCP (system control
processor) and MCP (management control processor).

Cheers

FF

Le mer. 13 oct. 2021 à 07:03, Chan Kim <ckim at etri.re.kr> a écrit :

> > That's a very old QEMU version.  We use v6.1.0 currently and v4.2.0
> before
> > that.
> >
> > --
> > Tom
>
> Thank you, Tom
>
> Yes, so I tried it now with v4.2.0 with "-nographic" option. (Without it I
> still see qemu manager window.)
>
> Chan Kim
>

> --
François-Frédéric Ozog | *Director Business Development*
T: +33.67221.6485
francois.ozog at linaro.org | Skype: ffozog