Pull request for efi-2021-10-rc4

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Sat Sep 4 16:37:22 CEST 2021

On Sat, Sep 04, 2021 at 03:08:38PM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:

> Am 4. September 2021 15:01:11 MESZ schrieb Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com>:
> >On Sat, Sep 04, 2021 at 11:56:47AM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Tom,
> >>
> >> The following changes since commit 94509b79b13e69c209199af0757afbde8d2ebd6d:
> >>
> >>   btrfs: Use default subvolume as filesystem root (2021-09-01 10:11:24
> >> -0400)
> >>
> >> are available in the Git repository at:
> >>
> >>   https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-efi.git
> >> tags/efi-2021-10-rc4
> >>
> >> for you to fetch changes up to 1dfa494610c5469cc28cf1f8538abf4be6c00324:
> >>
> >>   efi_loader: fix efi_tcg2_hash_log_extend_event() parameter check
> >> (2021-09-04 09:15:09 +0200)

> >> Pull request for efi-2021-10-rc4
> >>
> >> Documentation:
> >>
> >>     Remove invalid reference to configuration variable in UEFI doc
> >>
> >> UEFI:
> >>
> >>     Parameter checks for the EFI_TCG2_PROTOCOL
> >>     Improve support of preseeding UEFI variables.
> >>     Correct the calculation of the size of loaded images.
> >>     Allow for UEFI images with zero VirtualSize

> >> Heinrich Schuchardt (5):
> >>       efi_loader: sections with zero VirtualSize
> >>       efi_loader: rounding of image size
> >>       efi_loader: don't load signature database from file
> >>       efi_loader: efi_auth_var_type for AuditMode, DeployedMode
> >>       efi_loader: correct determination of secure boot state
> >>
> >> Masahisa Kojima (3):
> >>       efi_loader: add missing parameter check for EFI_TCG2_PROTOCOL api
> >>       efi_loader: fix boot_service_capability_min calculation
> >>       efi_loader: fix efi_tcg2_hash_log_extend_event() parameter check
> >
> >And I don't see Simon's revert in here either.  And he asked you about
> >that yesterday:
> >https://lore.kernel.org/r/CAPnjgZ3eRdjF0jb9S-cJK6y+feuyRyWf0hNkf2triB4DR4UFBQ@mail.gmail.com/
> >
> >So at this point, are you asserting there is nothing to revert?
>
> Never. Simons "revert" is breaking functionality. The concept for suporting blobs in devicetrees supplied by a prior bootstage has not been defined yet.

And to be clearer, reverting something that was introduced in one rc in
a later rc isn't breaking functionality.  U-Boot releases (well, the
non-rc ones for sure) are on a very regular schedule.  External projects
may not depend on some feature introduced at -rcN unless they're willing
to accept that some changes could happen before release.

--
Tom