imx: imx8mq: mxc_get_clock for MXC_I2C_CLK is missing

Heiko Thiery heiko.thiery at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:45:25 CEST 2021

Hi,

Am Mi., 8. Sept. 2021 um 16:07 Uhr schrieb Heiko Thiery
<heiko.thiery at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Am Mi., 8. Sept. 2021 um 15:08 Uhr schrieb Heiko Thiery
> <heiko.thiery at gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hi Peng,
> >
> > I faced an issue with the I2C bus speed in SPL for the imx8mq. I
> > figured out that the bus frequency is set to about 1MHz. While digging
> > into that I found that the clk ID for the I2C is not returned for the
> > imx8mq correctly.
> >
> > Can you confirm that this is missing here.
> >
> > This is what I added and now it looks better.
>
> Just measured the frequency and it is still not ok. It changed from
> 1MHz to 400kHZ. But expected is 100KHz.

Hi. I think now I understand that the SPL configures the I2C to 100kHz
and after that U-Boot will configure the 400kHz frequency due to the
dts configuration. I will measure the SPL vs U-Boot frequencies
tomorrow. I will confirm that after that.

--
Heiko