Way to change $scan_dev_for_boot search sequence?

Qu Wenruo wqu at suse.com
Fri Sep 10 02:09:28 CEST 2021

Hi,

Is there any way to change the $scan_dev_for_boot search sequence?

Currently it always go extlinux first, then scripts, and finally EFI.

Normally this is completely fine, as one system should only have one of
these, thus search sequence makes no difference.

But for certain distros, like Manjaro ARM, may migrate from current
extlinux config to UEFI payload (like GRUB or systemd-boot, to provide a
better way to choose from different boot configs).

Thus current extlinux->scritps->EFI search priority makes it much harder
to make EFI to be the default boot option.

It looks like config_distro_bootcmd.h is here to define the sequence,
and I see no config option to modify that.

So I guess if we want to config the sequence, we have to modify that
header, right?

Thanks,
Qu