cdns_wdt: who enables the clock

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Fri Sep 10 08:56:27 CEST 2021

Hi,

On 9/8/21 5:39 PM, Jorge Ramirez-Ortiz, Foundries wrote:
> Hi Michal
>
> The *linux* cadence_wdt driver for the watchdog enables the clock that
> controls its  behaviour. However this is not done in the U-boot
> driver; I dont think it is safe to assume that the clock will be active.
> do you know why is the driver making that assumption? and how to
> enable the clock?
>
> Also, I am not sure it is either safe to assume that the WDT IP will
> be enabled; IMO during probe we should do something like this
> (otherwise the AXI bus will complain and fault the boot)
>
>  static int cdns_wdt_probe(struct udevice *dev)
>  {
> -   debug("%s: Probing wdt%u\n", __func__, dev_seq(dev));
> + u32 rst = 0;
> +
> + /* release WDT from reset */
> + rst = readl(0xFD1A0100) & ~BIT(15);
> + writel(rst, 0xFD1A0100);
> +
> + debug("%s: Probing wdt%u)\n", __func__, dev_seq(dev));
>
>         return 0;
>  }

If reset should be perform it should be done via
drivers/reset/reset-zynqmp.c

It means when you define it in DT you will get reset.

I am ok to wire all resets for all IPs to make sure that they are in
proper state but this has to be tested first.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854