RFC: exclude partitions from efi_selftest

Mark Kettenis mark.kettenis at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 15 14:00:31 CEST 2021

> Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 12:42:16 +0200
> From: Heinrich  Schuchardt <xypron.glpk at gmx.de>
>
> Am 15. September 2021 11:56:07 MESZ schrieb Michael Lawnick <ml.lawnick at gmx.de>:

> >> When the UEFI sub-system is intialized we call efi_disk_register(). If
> >> it fails, we don't enter the UEFI sub-system.
> >>
> >> Are you able to identify where efi_disk_register() fails?
> >
> >The system starts up properly.
> >This is what I see:
> >ASIM-CN10KAS> efiload $loadaddr
> >Loaded EFI App image at 0x40080000 with 0x216000 bytes
> >ASIM-CN10KAS> bootefi $loadaddr $fdtaddr
> >Scanning disk sdhci at 824000000000.blk...
> >** Unrecognized filesystem type **
> >** Unrecognized filesystem type **
> >** Unrecognized filesystem type **
>
> This is not an error. Just an info.

It is somewhat annoying though.  The way disks are partitioned on the
Apple M1 systems, there are several Apple native partition types that
need to be retained and that U-Boot doesn't support.  So you see a lot
of these warnings.

Or maybe we should have a whitelist of partition types not to warn
about?