Problem with U-boot | Configuration Signature not being checked while booting

Mark Kettenis mark.kettenis at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 18 12:10:42 CEST 2021

> From: Moiz Imtiaz <moizimtiaz1 at gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 14:47:51 +0500
>
> >Nice!  If you want to write something up extending the >documentation on
> >how you made this work for Pi it would be much appreciated.
>
> Sure, would love to do a PR.
>
> I basically replaced the dtb that pi loads with control Dtb of uboot, but
> will do a PR of documentation addition in respect to pi_4, detailing
> everything shortly :)

Sorry, but I don't think this is safe.  The Raspberry Pi firmware
makes changes to the device tree and it is unclear what requirements
it has in terms of names of nodes and compatible strings since the
firmware is closed source.  It should be fine to add stuff to the DTB
that came with the firmware, but replacing it altogether is probably
going to break things in subtle ways.  So I don't think that is
something we should advocate by documenting it in U-Boot.

Creating a DT overlay and specifying it in config.txt should be much
more robust than doing a wholesale replacement of the firmware DT.