Two jobs at once on denx-vulcan?

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Mon Sep 20 16:06:19 CEST 2021

Hi Harald,

On Mon, 20 Sept 2021 at 02:12, Harald Seiler <hws at denx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2021-09-18 at 10:37 -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there something screwy with this? It seems that denx-vulcan does
> > two builds at once?
> >
> > https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-dm/-/jobs/323540
>
> Hm, I did some changes to the vulcan runner which might have caused
> this... But still, even if it is running multiple jobs in parallel, they
> should still be isolated, so how does this lead to a build failure?

I'm not sure that it does, but I do see this at the above link:

Error: Unable to create
'/builds/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-dm/.git/logs/HEAD.lock': File
exists.

Re doing multiple builds, have you set it up so it doesn't take on the
very large builds? I would love to enable multiple builds for the qemu
steps since they mostly use a single CPU, but am not sure how to do
it.

Regards,
Simon