Status of the various RISC-V specification and policy

Atish Patra atishp at atishpatra.org
Wed Sep 22 02:20:17 CEST 2021

Hi All,
Please find the below email from Stephano about the freeze announcement for
various RISC-V specifications that will be part of privilege specification
v1.12.
All the review discussions are happening in the isa-dev mailing list. The
review period will be open for 45 days ending Sunday October 31, 2021.

I just want to highlight the fact that the *H*, *V, SvPBMT, CMO extensions
are frozen now. *This will help us merge some patches that have been
present in the mailing list for a while.

Here are the ratification policy and extension life cycle documents present
in the public. If you have any questions regarding this, please check with
Mark/Stephano (cc'd).

Ratification policy:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-UlaSGqk59_myeuPMrV9gyuaIgnmFzGh5Gfy_tpViwM/edit

Extension life cycle:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1nQ5uFb39KA6gvUi5SReWfIQSiRN7hp6z7ZPfctE4mKk/edit#slide=id.p1

--
Regards,
Atish

Mail from Stephano:
Subject: Privileged Specification 1.12 Freeze Milestone: Public Review

All,

The Privileged Specification version 1.12 has gone to public review. You
can view the specification documents by following the links provided here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1soGI__HytotOkoJtgTYD0nzf82Zhp5nWw1Mcgqvbn8o/edit?usp=sharing

Review discussion can be followed on the ISA-DEV mailing list here:
https://groups.google.com/a/groups.riscv.org/g/isa-dev

The review period will be open for 45 days ending Sunday October 31, 2021.

We encourage all conversation to happen on this mailing list. Simply reply
to the posts linked above with any questions or comments. If you feel that
you have a topic that is best discussed internally with RISC-V members
only, please contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Stephano
--