GSuit limit for recipients

Oleksandr Suvorov oleksandr.suvorov at foundries.io
Mon Sep 27 16:58:08 CEST 2021

Dear community,

This weekend I tried to post (using patman) a patch set that should
have been sent to 120 recipients (a lot of files were changed).

I've got an error from the Gmail SMTP server:
4.5.3 Your message has too many recipients. For more information regarding
4.5.3 Google's sending limits, please visit:
4.5.3  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=TooManyRecipientsError
e1sm1539543ljp.114 - gsmtp

The doc says there is a limit for recipients - 100 per message. All my
emails are hosted by Gmail/G-suit. I think I'm not the first who faced
such an issue.
Could you share your tricks or best practices on how to post patch
sets with more than 100 recipients without changing an e-mail
provider?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Oleksandr Suvorov
Software Engineer