Driver model at UEFI runtime

Mark Kettenis mark.kettenis at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 30 13:40:21 CEST 2021

> From: Ilias Apalodimas <ilias.apalodimas at linaro.org>
> Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 09:46:30 +0300
>
> On Thu, 30 Sept 2021 at 09:38, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does any board that ships EDK II with UEFI + DTB?
>
> The Socionext SynQuacer box is the only board I know off, that works
> with EDK2 and can use either DT or ACPI.

The SoftIron Overdrive 1000/3000, SolidRun MACCHIATObin and SolidRun
HoneyComb LX2 all come with EDK2-based firmware that can switch
between DT and ACPI.

The PFTF firmware for the Raspberry Pi also uses EDK2 and can be
switched between DT and ACPI.

On all these systems DT exposes a more complete hardware description
than ACPI so people actually use the DT option.