Cannot add the EFI Loader to a 64-bit EFI stubbed U-Boot

Nicklas Larsson nirre.larsson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:41:44 CEST 2022

Dear U-Boot community,

I have a default configuration based on 'efi-x86_payload64_defconfig'
(64-bit EFI stub), to which I want to add the EFI_LOADER.
In order to do so I also have to enable X86-64 to fulfill the "depends on"
criterias in EFI_LOADER Kconfig. I'm doing this by setting
X86_RUN_64BIT via the configuration editor.

This dramatically changes the default generated .config file and executing
'make' on top of this leaves me with a number of errors starting with:

[image: image.png]

Trying to resolve it just leads me to another error, and eventually I don't
understand what to do.

Can someone guide me how to add the EFI Loader to my 64-bit EFI stubbed
U-Boot? Is it possible?

Tried it on U-Boot master 2022.04-rc4 and the latest from next without
success.

Thanks,
Nicklas