ELDK for Armv8.2

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:52:04 CEST 2022

Hi Ron,

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 7:12 PM Ron Eggler <ron.eggler at mistywest.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a BSP that features the Reesas RZ/G2L & RZ/V2L CPUs which
> have a Cortex-A55 core onthe  Arm8.2 architecture. I don't see it listed
> under https://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/WebHome#Section_1.4. and was
> wondering if there's a way to use ELDK for this Aarch64 architecture at
> all?

I would recommend you use Buildroot <https://buildroot.org/> to build a
cross compiler and pretty much everything else you need to boot and run
linux (or your custom code) on your CPU. It takes a bit to configure it and
a while to build from scratch, but it works very well. Buildroot makes
building a cross compiler extremely simple. Building a whole (linux based)
system is complicated only because there are many, many choices to make -
the actual building is trivial.

gvb