Radxa rock-pi-3a

Richard Kojedzinszky richard at kojedz.in
Sat Apr 9 09:30:16 CEST 2022

Dear Kever,

I've tried the patch, and now U-Boot sees the whole 8G. It can boot
linux directly, that works now. Great!

Howewer, booting linux through grub-efi
(/boot/efi/EFI/debian/grubaa64.efi) does not work. Grub itself starts,
shows the menu, but booting linux stops. Booting from console looks
like:

grub> linux (hd0,gpt2)/boot/vmlinuz-5.15.32
grub> linux (hd0,gpt2)/boot/vmlinuz-5.15.32 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2
console=ttyS2,1500000 rootwait
grub> initrd (hd0,gpt2)/boot/initrd.img-5.15.32
grub> boot
EFI stub: Booting Linux Kernel...
EFI stub: Using DTB from configuration table
EFI stub: Exiting boot services...

These are the last lines. I see no sign of the kernel booting. For
example, ethernet leds are not turned on.

This u-boot+efi setup works on other boards, and also it worked before
the patch, with 1G visible ram only.

Thanks in advance,
Richard