TFTP hangs with fragmented IP packets

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Mon Apr 11 21:02:24 CEST 2022

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 4:11 PM Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com> wrote:

> Hi Ramon,
>
> On Sun, Apr 03, 2022 at 02:17:26AM +0300, Ramon Fried wrote:

> > > Interesting.
> > > I will try to reproduce.
> > > Thanks for reporting.
> >
> > Hi.
> > I couldn't reproduce the issue with the file you provided.
> > I used sandbox64, and changed the TFTP BLOCK size to 4096.
> > I managed to TFTP the file successfully.
> >
> > => setenv autoload no
> > => setenv ethrotate no
> > => setenv ethact eth0
> > => setenv ipaddr
> > => setenv serverip 172.23.1.137
> > => env set ipaddr 172.23.1.100
> > => tftpboot 0x100000 test.bin
> > Using host_eno1 device
> > TFTP from server 172.23.1.137; our IP address is 172.23.1.100
> > Filename 'test.bin'.
> > Load address: 0x100000
> >          718.8 KiB/s
> > done
> > Bytes transferred = 1472 (5c0 hex)
> > =>
>
> Hmmmm... I wonder if it could be specific to the EQoS ethernet
> controller in the i.MX8, maybe caused by issues in hardware CRC
> calculation ? I don't have any other board I can use for testing this at
> the moment as I'm travelling.
>
> > Can you perhaps send me a network PCAP of your device failing to
> > digest the file ?
>
> I'll try to do that tomorrow.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Laurent Pinchart

Laurent,

I'm working with a imx8mp-venice-gw74xx [1] board with EQoS<->RGMII
PHY and am able to transfer your test file with
CONFIG_TFTP_BLOCKSIZE=4096 fine. I haven't had any issues transferring
files in general and routinely transfer files up to 513MB.

Are you running into an issue perhaps with your loadaddr position? I'm
using CONFIG_SYS_LOAD_ADDR=0x40480000.

Best Regards,

Tim
[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=294275