imx8mm eLCDIF clock

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Thu Apr 21 14:01:09 CEST 2022

On 4/21/22 13:54, Tommaso Merciai wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 01:20:58PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
>> On 4/21/22 13:14, Adam Ford wrote:

>>> I think the LCD driver should request the clock and clock rate based
>>> on settings the device tree.  However, I think the bigger issues is
>>> that you might run into issues with the lack of a disp-blkctrl driver.
>>> Marek enable the GPC driver fairly recently, but the blkctrl driver
>>> will be needed to enable the LCD and DSI portions or the system may
>>> hang.
>>
>> Just boot quickly and init the graphics pipeline in Linux ?
>
> Hi Marek,
> Thanks for your feedback. You think make no sense to enable support
> for the graphics pipeline at U-Boot level? Some customers want this
> feature for that I think is better to have support for that.
> What do you think about?

I think it makes no sense to duplicate graphics pipeline in U-Boot.

Just boot quickly enough and bring the graphics pipeline in Linux, then
maintain one copy of all the drivers involved in the pipeline (scanout
engine, GPCs, block controllers, bridge drivers, panel drivers). Also,
you won't have to deal with the display pipeline handoff from U-Boot to
Linux, which incurs flicker.