imx8mm eLCDIF clock

Tommaso Merciai tommaso.merciai at amarulasolutions.com
Fri Apr 22 08:39:20 CEST 2022

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 08:09:59PM -0400, Sean Anderson wrote:
> On 4/21/22 2:48 AM, Tommaso Merciai wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm working on drivers/clk/imx/clk-imx8mm.c to port and bring up eLCDIF
> > clocks. After port all necessary clocks needed by eLCDIF I found that
> > IMX8MM_VIDEO_PLL1 clock is not enabled and need the following code to enable
> > it at the end of the clk-imx8mm probe:
> >
> > struct clk *clkp;
> >
> > clk_get_by_id(IMX8MM_VIDEO_PLL1, &clkp);
> > clk_set_rate(clkp, 594000000UL);
> > clk_enable(clkp);
> >
> > What do you think about this solution?
> > There is a more standard way to do this?
>
> PLL1 should be a parent of one of the clocks required by the eLCDIF. That clock
> should call clk_enable() on PLL1 when it is enabled itself. If you want to set
> a specific rate, you can do that with assigned-clock-rates in either the clock's
> DT node, or the eLCDIF's DT node.

Hi Sean,
Thanks for your suggestion, I need only to enable it, I have already
assign the right rate from dts. The doubt at this point is: it's right call clk_enable
from clk-imx8mm.c? I think yes because it handle by "fsl,imx8mm-ccm"
driver, maybe protected by CONFIG_DM_VIDEO could be a good solution.
Let me know.

Thanks,
Tommaso

--
Tommaso Merciai
Embedded Linux Engineer
tommaso.merciai at amarulasolutions.com

Amarula Solutions SRL
Via Le Canevare 30, 31100 Treviso, Veneto, IT
T. +39 042 243 5310
info at amarulasolutions.com
www.amarulasolutions.com