Suggestion: Revert commit c7fad78ec0ee ("Convert CONFIG_SYS_BR0_PRELIM et al to Kconfig")

Pali Rohár pali at kernel.org
Tue Apr 26 20:17:40 CEST 2022

Hello! I would suggest to revert commit c7fad78ec0ee ("Convert
CONFIG_SYS_BR0_PRELIM et al to Kconfig").

The reason is that this commit made configuration, understanding,
maintenance and debugging of the powerpc/mpc85xx Local Bus Controller
hard, mainly impossible.

This commit completely removed usage of named macros, to easily check
address and size of the LBC memory banks. Removal was done also for
explaining comments of configuration options.

It is just a mess what this commit introduced and took me really long
time to debug and understand what is happening here... until I reverted
this commit manually in my tree.

Any opinions?

Btw, current values are wrong.