i.MX8M Mini Hangs at ATF when booting from USB

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Feb 8 15:27:42 CET 2022

On Tue, Feb 08, 2022 at 11:58:50AM +0800, Peng Fan (OSS) wrote:

> On 2022/2/3 2:42, Tom Rini wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 02:45:44PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> > > Hi Marcel,
> > >
> > > [Adding Tom and Marek]

> > > My understanding is that there is no requirement to use DM in SPL.
> >
> > DM isn't required in SPL, no.  Are we running in to some size limit
> > here?  I see SPL_DM being set in a number of imx8m* platforms is why I
> > ask.
>
> I still see this as maintainence effort. And mix DM & non-DM code in one
> driver is pain. Should we split non-DM code out to a new folder, such as
> drivers/non-dm/[usb,mmc,...]/

No, I don't think splitting it in to a new root subfolder will help
at least in part because I'm not sure it will go away long term, but
we'll see where some of the platdata work leads.  Splitting the existing
files more may make the code easier to maintain and would have to be
done to move to a new root subfolder as well?

--
Tom