IMX8MM 4GiB boundary issue

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Thu Feb 24 22:45:54 CET 2022

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 12:32 PM Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 5:20 PM Tim Harvey <tharvey at gateworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Fabio,
> >
> > As Marek points out the individual peripheral drivers have not been
> > updated properly but this should be worked around with commit
> > e27bddff4b97 ("imx8m: Restrict usable memory to space below 4G
> > boundary").
>
> I am using 2021.07 which contains such commit, but it does not help in my case.
> FEC and esdhc are still broken. I will try Marek's suggestion to fix
> the drivers.
>
> Just curious: don't you see such errors anymore with your board?

Fabio,

No, that commit is 'not' in v2021.07. Please test with master and you
should see that go away.

Regardless, Marek's suggestion is the right fix if you can manage
that... we really don't want to limit 4GB boards to 3GB. I was hoping
NXP would step up and address the peripheral drivers for this.

Tim