kwboot: Marvell Dove UART booting

Tony Dinh mibodhi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 01:00:27 CET 2022

Hi Pali

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 3:12 PM Pali Rohár <pali at kernel.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 01 January 2022 14:54:34 Tony Dinh wrote:
> > Hi Pali,

> > > And which hex mode is activated when jumper is not set to that Debug
> > > prompt UART mode? You should be able to check current mode by reading
> > > 0xD00D0214 address which should contain latched sample at reset value.
> > > E.g. in U-Boot by 'md 0xD00D0214 1' command.
> >
> > Without the jumper inserted, it was set to 0x00.

> > d00d0214: 00000000    ....
>
> Sample at reset register should not be zero. So it is located at
> different address. You could try to look into the functional
> specification...

It must have been the liquor yesterday :) of course there are other
settings in this register... it cannot be zero.

> Maybe internal registers are at space 0xf1000000? Then register is 0xf10d0214

I think 0xf1000000 is more like it. I've double checked, the Kirkwood
SatR is 0xF1010030.

Functional Spec:
"The BootROM firmware is located on the device’s Read Only Memory
(ROM), and is executed according to the sample at reset configuration
bits[4:0] in the Sample at Reset 0 Register (Table 976 p. 959)"

HP>> md f10D0214 1
f10d0214: b40a24a1    .$..

So it looks like the boot mode is 00001?

Thanks,
Tony