mkimage_fit_atf.sh: not found

Marcel Ziswiler marcel at ziswiler.com
Wed Jan 5 22:51:23 CET 2022

Hi Tim et al.

On Wed, 2022-01-05 at 11:08 -0800, Tim Harvey wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 3:34 AM ZHIZHIKIN Andrey
> <andrey.zhizhikin at leica-geosystems.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Tim,

I have to admit that I did not closely follow that discussion lately. But it seems to me that this should be
solvable, not?

Anyway, at least in my local buildman use case just touching resp. binary blob file names helped me getting
thought this:

⬢[zim at toolbox u-boot.git]$ touch lpddr4_pmu_train_1d_imem.bin
⬢[zim at toolbox u-boot.git]$ touch lpddr4_pmu_train_1d_dmem.bin
⬢[zim at toolbox u-boot.git]$ touch lpddr4_pmu_train_2d_imem.bin
⬢[zim at toolbox u-boot.git]$ touch lpddr4_pmu_train_2d_dmem.bin
⬢[zim at toolbox u-boot.git]$ touch bl31.bin

Couldn't that somehow also be done for CI?

> > > As far as I can tell the other boards that are still using
> > > SPL_FIT_GENERATOR also fail due to this (ie imx8mm_beacon_defconfig,
> > > imx8mq_evk_defconfig, imx8mm-icore-mx8mm-edimm2.2_defconfig, etc).
> >
> > imx8mq_evk is already converted and I've sent a patch for it, see [1].
> >

> > > What is the state of the binman conversion? I submitted a series to
> > > convert my boards to binman and it has just been sitting without any
> > > response for months now [1].
> >
> > I believe that the reason for your series sitting in the queue is the same as
> > for imx8mq_evk: missing binary blobs (ATF and DDR) are failing CI builds.
> >

> Right, so imx8mq_evk (and others) are completely broken for the
> pending release correct?
>
> Sounds like we need to revert d9a6f0eed6 ("tree: imx: remove old fit
> generator script")

I kind of agree. However, much smarter would be to finish that binman conversion which I also still have one in
flight [1] plus the follow on patch series [2] (plus an unrelated i.MX 8M Plus board addition [3]) all still
sitting there idle since October with acks resp. reviewed-bys in place!

Cheers

Marcel

[1] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20211022214340.1214793-1-marcel@ziswiler.com/
[2] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=268510