imx8mq hangs when reset board with button

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 10:30:26 CET 2022

Hello,

I'm trying to find the cause why my imx8mq based board hangs when it
is rebooted by reset button (works fine when init reset by reboot -f
in console).

By adding print messages I was able to track down in following code:
 ret = cdn_api_checkalive();
 printf("CDN_API_CheckAlive returned ret = %d\n", ret);
 if (ret)
       return -EPERM;

 ret = cdn_api_general_test_echo_ext_blocking(echo_msg,
                                                      echo_resp,
                                                      sizeof(echo_msg),
                                                      CDN_BUS_TYPE_APB);

cdn_api_general_test_echo_ext_blocking function never returns and it
blocks forever. Any idea what can be checked?

Boot log:
[*]-Video Link 0imx8m_hdmi_probe - 271
video_link_get_display_timings - 382
video_link_get_display_timings - 428
imx8m_hdmi_probe - 285
imx8m_dcss_get_timings_from_display - 429
video_link_get_display_timings - 382
video_link_get_display_timings - 428
imx8m_dcss_get_timings_from_display - 442
pixelclock 74250000, hlen 1280, vlen 720
imx8m_dcss_probe - 474
imx8m_dcss_probe - 477
imx8m_dcss_probe - 480
imx8m_hdmi_enable - 256