Falcon Mode Support For Uncompressed Kernel Images

Nathan Barrett-Morrison nathan.morrison at timesys.com
Tue Jan 18 01:58:00 CET 2022

Hi All,

While trying to bring up Falcon Mode boot on an ARM64 board, I discovered
that there is no path which allows you to use an uncompressed kernel image
(booti).  I've added this path and attached the relevant patch.

I've made this a separate if/else CONFIG option instead of allowing both
bootz+booti paths to coexist, as it seems unlikely to me that there would
be such a board which needs both.  Most architectures use either bootz or
booti, but not both.

Sincerely,
Nathan Barrett-Morrison