Please test U-Boot Allwinner F1C100s support

Giulio Benetti giulio.benetti at benettiengineering.com
Mon Jan 31 14:07:54 CET 2022

Hi Andre,

> Il giorno 31 gen 2022, alle ore 13:57, Andre Przywara <andre.przywara at foss.arm.com> ha scritto:
>
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 13:17:52 +0100
> Giulio Benetti <giulio.benetti at benettiengineering.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've tried several times on both F1C100s and F1C200s, maybe I'm doing
>> something wrong but it doesn't work :-/
>>
>> I burn sd-card with:
>> # sudo dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=1k seek=8
>>
>> I've triple-checked that the file has been written there by dumping the
>> sd-card and I see it's written at 0x2000, so 8K offset, like the mangoPI
>> image for example. But no uart output.
>
> I haven't looked in detail what would be needed for the SPL part of the
> MMC driver to really work, I just checked that the base addresses are
> correct, the pinmux looked alright as well.
> The DT nodes are not needed for the SPL, and I don't see other changes
> related to MMC in the original series?

Yes that’s true.

> Do you see UART output from the SPL, or nothing at all?

Unfortunately nothing either with SPL

> And you are not using UART0 on the PortF pins, so multiplexed with the
> MMC, I guess?

I use PE0 and PE1 Uart0 according to dts.

Have you got such board to test it?
Or we can wait for Jesse or George.

I’ve used the git you’ve pointed.

Anyway I think we’re very close to have it working.

At least my work “behind the scenes” will be worth, right Jesse :-)?

Best regards
—-
Giulio Benetti
Benetti Engineering sas