Error: cmd/libkiosk_crypto.c:5:10: fatal error: unistd.h: No such file or directory

Ralph Siemsen ralph.siemsen at linaro.org
Fri Jul 8 19:01:22 CEST 2022

On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 7:07 AM Thu Ra <thura747 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Error: cmd/libkiosk_crypto.c:5:10: fatal error: unistd.h: No such file or directory

This file (libkiosk_crypto.c) is not part of u-boot. In the build log,
we can see that it is copied into the u-boot tree:
   cp ../common/src/libkiosk_crypto.c u-boot-2022.04/cmd/libkiosk_crypto.c
You will likely need to find out where this code comes from, and
contact the author(s).

U-boot executes before Linux kernel and normal userspace programs, so
the regular C runtime library (glibc) is not available to u-boot. The
header "unistd.h" defines prototypes for the C runtime library. It
does not make sense to use this within u-boot source code.

Good luck!