[MVEBU] SPI flash offset was depecrated?

Tony Dinh mibodhi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 00:13:05 CEST 2022

Hi Stefan and Pali,

Sorry the question might be a bit trivial, but I could not find it in
the source tree. It's been a long time and I'm not up to date on this
subject. I recall a long time ago we needed to specify a SPI flash
offset for the u-boot image so SPL would know where to load it from. I
vaguely remember something about "return to BootROM and let the
BootROM load the u-boot image"? Is this applicable only when we kwboot
the u-boot-spl.kwb image, or also applicable to the u-boot payload on
SPI flash?

I saw Stefan flashing instruction in board/Marvell/db-88f6820-gp/README

Update from original Marvell U-Boot to mainline U-Boot:
The resulting image including the SPL binary with the full DDR setup
is "u-boot-spl.kwb".
To update the SPI NOR flash, please use the following command:
=> sf probe; tftpboot 2000000 db-88f6820-gp/u-boot-spl.kwb;\
sf update 2000000 0 60000

But building this board I got 642K u-boot-spl.kwb. So perhaps the
instructions above are out of date, or 60000  meant to be just an
example to be adjusted to the real image size?

Could you point me in the right direction,  ie. which Kconfig option
deals with this at the moment, or is it automatically set when we
build MVEBU -boot-spl.kwb?

Thanks,
Tony