[Bug] Buidling sandbox_vpl_defconfig is unstable

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Sun Jul 31 14:29:08 CEST 2022

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 02:08:13PM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> On 7/31/22 13:47, Tom Rini wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 12:51:51PM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> > > Hello Simon,
> > >
> > > Something is wrong with building sandbox_vpl_defconfig on Gitlab:
> > >
> > > The following build job failed:
> > > https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-efi/-/jobs/475640
> > >
> > > The following build job succeeded:
> > > https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-efi/-/jobs/475673
> >
> > It's not vpl related, it's just one of the odd gitlab specific races
> > that pops up from time to time.
>
> I can't imagine that building TPL leading to a race condition is Gitlab
> specific. There must be some fundamental issue in our build system.

Never seen it outside of Gitlab, unlike the RTC race.  Not sure what
trips it up but any of the sandbox builds can do it.  I mean gitlab
specific here in that whatever conditions need to occur for the race to
happen, it's only seen under gitlab.  Almost seems like some stale
object directory problem, which shouldn't happen.

--
Tom