Porting U-Boot's UEFI Payload to coreboot

Ahamed Husni ahamedhusni73 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:59:37 CET 2022

Hi everyone,

I am trying to work on a project to port the U-Boot UEFI code to coreboot
as a payload.
I haven't worked with UEFI before except running a basic EFI payload in a
coreboot/u-boot environment. (Serial output:
https://gist.github.com/drac98/6166d29f6c3a2baf2f4e791925ea98d3)

I would like to know how UEFI is implemented in U-Boot. Is UEFI integrated
into u-boot or is it implemented like a payload?

Where is the UEFI source code? Is it the following files in the tree
https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-efi
lib/
|__ efi/
|__ efi_driver/
|__ efi_loader/

Please help me understand the structure.

Best regards,
Husni.