No u-boot-rockchip pull request sent or merged for v2022.04

Kever Yang kever.yang at rock-chips.com
Sat Mar 12 14:38:30 CET 2022

Hi Alper,

On 2022/3/12 02:15, Alper Nebi Yasak wrote:
> On 11/03/2022 18:43, Tom Rini wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 12:05:42AM +0300, Alper Nebi Yasak wrote:
>>> I have a few Rockchip-related series [1] that I was expecting to land
>>> for v2022.04 (including improvements for chromebook_bob, support for the
>>> chromebook_kevin board, rk3399 eMMC fixes) but there hasn't been a
>>> u-boot-rockchip pull request since the one for v2022.01 [2]. There's
>>> also more pending patches from other people [3].
>>>
>>> Kever seems unresponsive, last message to the mailing list was that pull
>>> request in December 2021. I did send on-list mails as To: Kever whenever
>>> Simon happened to poke me about chromebook_kevin not being merged, but
>>> to no avail.
>>>
>>> What should be done here, any advice?
>>
>> I've been hoping for something to show up soon myself.  To start with,
>> are there any rockchip related regression fixes you're aware of?
> I haven't been paying enough attention to others' patches. For those of
> mine, I think I can only call my RK3399 eMMC fix [1] a regression fix.

The eMMC driver is always not robust enough on mainline U-Boot, eg.
there still have many

offlist patches on rockchip branch to make all the SoCs work(we do try
to upstream them before), and the patch series you

mentioned which broken the chromebook_kevin board is one of patch want
to clean up and support

rk3568, so I think we also need to test this fix on rk3568 board.

Thanks,
- Kever